Gerard is one of the founding lawyer directors of DEA Lawyers.
Gerard has many years experience in commercial law and litigation, and for the past 15 years he has focused on the area of strata and community title and all legal issues arising from this interesting area, in both litigious matters as well as document drafting and advice.
Gerard is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia and has handled litigation in various jurisdictions in NSW, including The Supreme Court, the Land & Environment Court and the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (formerly known as the Consumer Trader & Tenancy Tribunal). He is a member of the Law Society of NSW and the Australian College of Community Association Lawyers.
He has presented papers and conducted training sessions for strata managers, experts and fellow lawyers about strata and community title disputes at both state and national conferences.
- Commercial litigation
- Mediation and arbitration
- Land & Environment Court disputes
- Strata and community title disputes
- Drafting of strata and community title documentation
- Commercial transactions
- Property transactions
Gerard also has experience in drafting documentation, including:
- By-laws addressing various issues
- Management statements for community title schemes
- Caretaking agreements
- Managing agency agreements
- Amendments for a variety of management documentation